Popular Posts

Tuesday 27 March 2012

The Hope of Spring


The weather is so perfect that both Don and I have been outside weeding the vegetable patch. The annual promise of delicious produce from our garden enticed us out and encouraged us to dig and dig. 

We do this every year. And most years, we are disappointed with the harvest. We enjoy some things fairly routinely – good lettuce and spinach, rasps and black currants, but usually we fail miserably with carrots, brassicas, and even potatoes. 

Sometimes we blame the weather. Too wet. Too cold. Too windy. Sometimes we don’t have time to weed and feed. Sometimes we blame the soil. Too thin. Too rocky. 

Could it be the gardeners?

I am so grateful that God is my spiritual gardener, and that he can give me just the right kind of spiritual food, the right amount of water, and the right amount of sunshine, if only I will linger long enough in his garden every day and soak it in. 

It’s the only way I can bear fruit. My prayer is that I will slow down on the activities, and increase my time resting in his presence and soaking in his Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment