Popular Posts

Saturday 6 April 2013

Recharge



I’m not sure if it’s just me, or if the battery on my laptop is requiring more frequent recharges these days. It does seem like it starts flashing at me at least once a day, and I don’t believe it used to do it that often. 

I’m not even using it as much as I was when I was doing more serious writing. Maybe the battery is just getting old.

We are into birthday season, starting yesterday with Don’s birthday, and I guess that’s a time when you consider the years a little bit more. They seem to roll past, one after the other, in ever increasing frequency and with ever increasing speed. And that’s kind of scary.

Not because I’m scared of dying, really, but because I enjoy living, and I don’t look forward to leaving loved ones behind.

But back to the battery. Both Don and I have been noticing our own batteries are running low more often. We’ve had a long winter, after a cold summer, so maybe we just need a dose of sunshine and warmth. We’ve also had a period of colds and coughs, which has left us feeling, as the Scots say, ‘fusomless’. 

But basically I guess we both need to plug in more frequently to the Lord, to recharge our spiritual batteries and maybe begin to live life in a slightly less physical way. 

I’m glad he’s there, just waiting to renew our energy when we come to him. I just need to learn a new rhythm of life perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment