Popular Posts

Saturday 22 June 2013

The Cape Part II


             
Walking Dusty up the West walk at Crathes castle this morning, I found myself trawling through the anxiety list yet again – the various individuals in the family and their needs. 

Then I remembered the cape, of which I wrote a few days ago. Heavy, lead-lined, impenetrable, needing to be dropped at Jesus’ feet. Too heavy for me to shoulder.

Today that cape transformed into the cape of a matador. It was light and colourful, easy to dangle from a finger and swish flamboyantly round my head or tantalisingly in front of a charging bull.

The meaning I’ve derived from this, which I believe God gave me, is that having given those anxieties to Jesus already, I can leave them, crumpled as a heavy cape on the ground. He has not taken them away from me, though, but has given them back to me as the blessings that they are. Each one of the people I have concerns for is much loved, and a real blessing in my life, and so Jesus has taken the weightiness of the concerns, reassured me that he has them under control, and given them back to me to enjoy. I can trust him to be answering my prayers, and that gives me confidence that there is no need to fear. Keeping connected to Jesus enables me to enjoy my loved ones with exuberance, with abandon, and without a sense of dread or foreboding or anxiety.

They are in his care, the apple of his eye.

There is no room for fear in love, for perfect love casts fear aside. Loving Jesus, loving others, creates trust. 

I like the lightness of that matador’s cape. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment