Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Trust Rating



It seems that every time I go onto my blog site I am pestered by bouncing adverts telling me I’ve won a prize or I have a virus or my PC is about to crash. Alongside it is a Trust Rating which I notice is never 100%. 

Anything less than 100% and I’m not going there. I’ve heard the horror stories and I’m pretty cautious. 

Trust is a tough one. Some people might say that it has to be earned. As events reveal the reliability of your faithfulness in a relationship, for instance, the sense of trust is strengthened. I have a wise friend, though, whose motto is that you should only put your expectations in God alone. 

Throughout Scripture we are given a picture of a faithful God who loves and cares for his people. A loving Father who never abandons those he loves. A God who can be trusted to be good 100% of the time.

It may not feel like that when struggling with terminal disease or catastrophic failures of relationships or careers. But even in the tough times – especially in the tough times, I’ve found – God can be trusted to hang in there. When everyone else has deserted, he will still be there, your champion, the lover of your soul. 

Pontius Pilate was addressing the embodiment of Truth when he asked him, “What is truth?” He couldn’t see who Jesus was. Sometimes we can’t see who Jesus is. That doesn’t make him any less who he is – the way, the truth and the life. 

He came and died for the sins of the whole world, whether or not the whole world believes or accepts. He offers everyone the opportunity to enjoy relationship with him which starts now and goes on into eternity, whether or not everyone accepts.

That’s the truth, and the trust rating on that is 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment