Popular Posts

Friday 24 January 2014

Friday's Feast



With a tsunami of bad news from the newspapers, radios and TVs, threatening to drown all hope, I thought it would be good to focus Friday’s thinking on feeding my spirit (and hopefully stimulating you to feed yours) by remembering some of the great things God has done this week.

There are the two ladies faithfully picking up my mother’s paper and putting it on her porch, one lady who Mom has never met. Thank you God, for the gentle touch, reminding Mom that you see, and you care.

There was the sale of a car which didn’t pass its MOT last week, and now the provision of possibly two replacement cars. Thank you, Lord, that you meet all our needs.

Improving health round here – praise the Lord!

News of something which I am not yet free to share but which is awesome, truly awesome. Praise God.

Inspiration for writing the children’s talk for church this week – extolling the faithfulness of God who always keeps his promises. Couldn’t have done it without you, Lord.

Daily encouragements from God’s word. A lamp to my feet. Thank you.

The promise of something else which is wonderful which requires more prayer before it can be shared. I’m on it, God!

Time to share with Don. Thank you, Jesus.

A return to the Bible study which I’ve missed so much over the past few weeks. Thank you for every friend there, Lord, and bless them today.

Every day I draw near to God through nature, which is such a blessing. Every day God provides food for our table and fuel for the fire and warm clothes. Every day God blesses us with good contacts with friends and family, deepening relationships. Every day I can connect with my mother via Skype and be sure all is well with her. Every day my legs have been strong enough and my health good enough to wrap up warm and head out with Dusty. Into a peaceful country, free from fear of attack.

Thank you, Lord, for all my blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment