Popular Posts

Thursday 24 April 2014

More than two bits of wood



The cross is more than two pieces of wood bound together.

I’ve been praying a few prayers for a long time, persevering, hoping, trying to expect answers. Sometimes it’s easy to believe for answers. Sometimes it’s hard.

I read about the woman whose stretched out hand caught hold of Jesus’ robe from the back, releasing power for healing to flow from him to her. Jesus said it was her faith that healed her, and I feel confused. Is my faith inadequate then? How do I build it up so the power can flow unimpeded?

I clutched a palm-sized cross in my hands, asking Jesus to speak to me in words or pictures which I could clearly understand. Instantly I was aware of the cross I was clutching. On it was the word Faith.
The cross is more than a silent symbol. It shouts, ‘I love you!’ from the Trinity to me, to you, to the world.

I know that for a fact. Nobody would have done what Jesus did unless he were completely and utterly in love. 

Do I believe that? Yes. 100%. So, then, whatever his answer to my prayer, whether it is a pulse of power or a peaceful silence, it is a loving answer, and in it are green shoots of new life. 

My level of expectation has risen. As has Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment