Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Automatic




The dishwasher hums and whirrs, bubbles and sloshes behind me as I sit at the table. Dirty dishes went into it, soap powder was added, electricity powers it and for an hour it will whoosh away until all the dishes are squeaky clean and dry, ready for use again.

The dishes don’t have to do anything but sit there. Hot water and soap powder and electric power clean them up. 

I come to Jesus in prayer, at church, in Bible study. I worship him in song, in prayer, in Scripture. The purity of God’s word washes over me, through me, around me, in me. I come away cleansed, refreshed, renewed and ready to be used again. 

‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow,’ God promises. Jesus took the sin of the world on himself on the cross, so that we could be cleansed and able to approach God. 

Jesus did it all. We just have to get into a quiet place, or a worshiping place, alone or with other believers, and Jesus and his Word will cleanse us.

Ready for use again.

No comments:

Post a Comment