Popular Posts

Friday 11 April 2014

Senses

I am savouring my last few days in this glorious climate, and trying to be aware of all the various sensations I can experience. My ears, for instance, are aware of the kind of boring birdsong of what I imagine is a sparrow. I remember the huge variety we hear at Barehillock and this is pretty monochromatic. Then there is the constant backdrop of traffic on the freeway. It never stops, just changes from motorbikes and huge trucks to the steady swish of cars. Not many sirens, not like in LA. A private plane passes overhead, humming a counterpoint. I hear paper shuffling in the room next door and pray there is no anxiety going on. Will go check soon.

Then the sense of warmth on my skin. The forecast was not this good, but God is, and he has provided another day of clear blue skies and hot sun. Perfect. This is definitely a big plus for this area.

The roses are out, and their scent is intoxicating.

The hummingbirds are busy, darting here and there, so much fun to watch.

The taste of the water. Hmm. Nothing like the fresh clear purity of what we drink in Scotland. But I drink more of it here. Not good.

This is a good world which God has created. Each area blessed in different ways. I am so blessed to be able to experience a variety. I will be thankful for that blessing, and not be anxious about what is going on on one side of the world, while I am on the other. But I do feel, in the pit of my stomach, that flutter which comes as I begin to prepare for the journey.

I will trust God to help me to prepare in every way. The Bible promises that we have the mind of Christ, so I will trust him to be in charge, step by step, day by day.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment