Popular Posts

Thursday 10 July 2014

Be Still and Know



Be Still

It’s the end of a busy day. Rasps, blackcurrants, gooseberries and rhubarb, all brought in, cooked up or frozen down or put into crumbles. Dealt with. There will be more tomorrow.

Disturbing phone call. Mind in a whirl, imagining future scenarios, possible solutions, present insecurities of caring for a much loved mother who lives half a world away.

Eventually I headed for the woods. The glorious summer day – three in a row – is slipping into a peaceful evening and night. The light is rich.  The peace is deep, saturating my soul.

As I passed the deliciously powerful scent emanating from a voluptuous honeysuckle which expands year on year down our driveway, I stopped and breathed deep. And from deep inside I sensed a voice inviting me. 

‘Be still and know that I am God.’ 

Be still. Be still, body, mind and spirit. Be still and rest in the knowledge that God is God. That he is love. That he is in control. That nothing is outwith his control. That he is love. That nothing is impossible for God. That God is love. Rest in the knowledge that God is love. 

God is in his heaven and all is right with the world. Rest in the knowledge that God is God. I will lie down and sleep in peace, because he enables me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment