Popular Posts

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Momentum

It’s all very well sitting around writing, praying, thinking, reading, but at some point I need to get up and MOVE. 

Well, actually, most of my life is spent on the move, and a good deal more could be given over to writing, praying, thinking and reading, but I’m afraid that my movements are not always driven by good thinking or spiritual guidance but more just bumbling around doing what I see in front of my face. 

I think I need to be more directive. I just read this morning how a small piece of wood can keep a train stationary on the tracks, but once that train has built up momentum it can actually plow through a brick wall no problem. Have I been allowing a small chock of wood to keep me stationary, ruminating, hesitating, unfocused, rather than getting up a head of steam for a project and getting moving on it? 

I think the answer has to be yes. So with the time left to me today, I want to focus on a project and get a move on. 

Jesus told his disciples to Follow. To Go. To make the most of every opportunity to share the good news. With his help, I’m going to begin to make more of an impact on this world from this moment on.

No comments:

Post a Comment