Popular Posts

Monday 28 July 2014

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow



The fabric on the two-seater in the conservatory is ripped, and badly needs to be replaced. Years of hot sunlight beating through the window not only faded the pattern, but also weakened the fibres. Shoulders and arms draped and reclining further deteriorated and wore out the material.

Years of living are taking a toll on all of us. Dear old Dusty barely staggered through a quarter of her favourite walk today – the ‘wet walk’ at Crathes Castle. Oh, the belly laughs she has given me through the years with her water-borne antics, as she used to launch herself off the shore and into the loch only once there were at least two substantial sticks to round up. Then she would swim in pursuit of both, and if they were too big for her mouth, she would ‘herd’ them back to the shore. 

I’m afraid those days are gone for Dusty, but I have high hopes that there might be a ‘wet walk’ in heaven which we can share in the future. 

Change. Life is all about change, and most of us don’t really like it. I know I don’t. I like my friends to continue living in my area and I want everyone I know and love to remain healthy and fit. But I know it isn’t to be. We all, like the fabric on the conservatory furniture, are wearing out, fading and in places, torn.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. What a startling statement in the Bible, a truth about our Saviour which is encouraging and gives me hope. I am clinging to Jesus, because he won’t change like shifting shadows. He won’t weaken, and he won’t wear out. 

I will crouch underneath God’s everlasting arms, and give thanks for their strength and eternal nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment