Popular Posts

Friday 10 July 2015

Over-flowering Love



I’ve been blessed by friends and family filling my home with flowers. There is something so warm and welcoming about a bunch of flowers. I don’t want to slip into an advert slogan from inter flora or anyone else, but a bouquet means a lot.






So this morning I decided to push out the boat and bring in some greenery in order to attempt an arrangement. I am artistically challenged and don’t really know what I’m doing – but am pretty ok with the result of this morning’s fun.

Our lives are like flower arrangements. Sometimes all the good things bunch together – think a dozen red roses here – but usually the moments of beauty and grace are interspersed by more prosaic moments – the greenery of ferns and fillers. It’s the bright sunflowers and roses which catch our eye but when we look closer at the mundane everyday we perceive beauty and grace there too.

This is the day the Lord has made. He has made the glorious flowers which greet me in many rooms today, reminding me of the love of others, and he has made the varied greenery which fills most of my days. 

Life is good. Today God is going to do something wonderful. May I have the eyes to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment