Popular Posts

Friday 5 January 2018

The Lion Sleeps Tonight



Still trying out the new boots in the house, so I headed out for a short walk in my old wellies, unaware of just how icy it was underfoot. My ability to focus in on God and a meditative, prayerful walk was undermined by the necessity of paying attention to every step I took. I have two good friends who have broken wrists or hands when a confident step forward was sabotaged by an icy patch.

Every day I step out into my life, wanting to maintain a conversational relationship with the Lord. Every day I encounter icy patches which distract me and draw my attention to them, cautious lest I slip and fall. May I have confidence today  in the Lord’s ability to hold me fast through all potential hazards, so that I can maintain a lively relationship with him. I’m still thinking about how peacefully the lion slept beside me in that dream the other night, confident that all was well.

In him (Jesus, not the lion!), all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment