Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Flash Drive


Flash drive. Memory stick. Whatever. I spent a few hours last night transferring data and photos from my old, to my new, laptop. All the data I wanted to transfer, all my writing, accounts, everything, fit on the flash drive in one go.

Then I got to the photos. Four trips between laptops later, and I still can’t fit some wedding pictures onto the flash drive to transfer. I’ll have another go later.

A picture is worth a thousand words. That was the expression, and it certainly seems true in terms of megabytes.

God is for us. When I sit in my prayer window, I ask him to plug his flash drive into my spirit and download his Spirit, reawaken my sensitivities and encourage me to walk into this day, hearing his voice, sensing his presence, trusting him in everything. Sometimes he speaks to me in pictures; sometimes in words; sometimes in sensation of his presence; sometimes through Scripture.

God doesn’t unplug his flash drive when I get up and move into my day. His flash drive is plugged into me 24/7, not just when I sit in my prayer window. The exciting challenge for me is to grow ever more sensitive to his communications throughout the busyness of every day. And be thankful in it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment