Popular Posts

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Insurance

I've been delving deep into files today, and have often felt like Alice, that I've slipped down a rabbit hole and nothing is quite as it seems. Trying to make sense of health insurance so that, if anything happens to my mom, I will know who provides what cover. There is more than one problem to resolve, but as I began phoning to check the status of a policy there was paperwork for, for catastrophic cover and custodial care, I realised it was all out of date. Way out of date. One call led to another and, six calls later, I was told the policy terminated a week after Dad died. Why? 'We didn't receive the monthly payment, so it terminated.' Just like that.

Did anyone warn us the policy was going to be terminated? I don't think so. There is no paperwork to say we were warned or asked if we wanted to continue it for my Mom. Maybe we lost something in the grief. I was stuck in a snowstorm in NYC trying to get here from Scotland. For four days. Did anyone phone to ask where the insurance premium was? Perhaps. We had other things on our minds. So it was terminated.

How grateful I am that God never terminates his love for me. I don't need to pay a monthly dues so he will love me. I'm not going to worry about the loss of that policy. The only catastrophe is to die without knowing and falling in love with Jesus. We don't need an insurance policy for that. Just a heart full of love, an open and compassionate mind, and a willing spirit.

How great is our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment