Popular Posts

Monday 3 June 2019

Discarded stuff in the garden


Continuing with yesterday’s thought. Worship is the gate into God’s garden. The worship at Cherish took me into his presence, where there is fullness of joy. Joy was the characteristic I felt most lacking in me. My jar was nearly empty. I was moving forward, trusting and walking in faith, but without that spark of joy that lights up a room, that lights up a life, that spreads the love of Jesus.

He filled my jar. When I left his garden on Saturday night, I left my stuff scattered at random. A bucket full of worries about my Mom. Another bucket of family concerns. A watering can tipped over and draining hopelessness for the nations of the world, hopelessness for the environment. A discarded pot of anxieties about the future.

I left those in my Father’s garden. He is picking them up. He is tidying them away. He is the Prince of Peace. He is the answer to all concerns.

My face is 8 inches from my Father’s face, and I am focused on him. Eight inches is as far as a new-born baby’s eyes can focus – eight inches from breast to mum’s face. As I feed on the Father, I focus on his face, and I receive his grace, his strength, his love.

What’s not to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment