Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Undergrowth


I took the clippers and hacked away at the undergrowth. I discovered a couple of trees taking root under the laurel. I found two bushes intertwining into one confused lump. And there were the inevitable weeds proliferating in the shadows.

‘Hide me, now, under your wings’: the opening line of the worship song, Still, expresses my feelings today. Sometimes things feel overwhelming. Too much, Lord, too much. I want to hunker down under his wings.

And yet, as he prunes away the overgrowth, the light of the Son can reach me more fully. I can see him more clearly.

May I focus on your face, Lord, and be strengthened and renewed. May I receive all the goodness you have for me this day, with a thankful heart.

May I trust in your wisdom and rejoice in your love today, Lord, and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment