Popular Posts

Friday 14 June 2019

Heralds of rain?


I remember an old wives’ tale that when cows lie down in a field, it’s going to rain. That’s a pretty safe bet these days, when we’ve had pounding rain for days on end! But this morning, the herd in the field I walked past got it wrong. Maybe they assumed it would rain because that has been the norm, but I see now they are up and grazing, with the sun, sometimes obscured by clouds I admit, shining on their backs.

We can get so accustomed to things going wrong that we begin to work on the assumption that they will. We lie down and give up. But life is full of twists and turns and changes, and ours is a God of creativity and surprises.

Today, despite Trump, despite Brexit morass, despite the many flash points globally, I am going to stay on my feet and look for the sunshine. It’s too easy to expect the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment