Popular Posts

Monday 27 April 2020

Rest


The world is flooding with bad news. The pandemic is throwing up moral dilemmas demanding wisdom and courage in decision-making. What is right? What is wrong? What is reasonable? What is going too far?

I may be willing to risk my own health in order to see family and friends, but what if that risk puts me on a respirator which pressurises the over-worked, traumatised health care workers? Which leads to bereavement and guilt borne by those I love and long to help?

Tossed about in this pandemic storm and washed up on a desert island, I crawl up the beach to you, Jesus, my strength and my life. I don’t know what to do, Lord, but I trust you. I shelter in your loving, everlasting arms, drawing comfort from your presence. You help me regain perspective and clear the clouds of confusion so I can see the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is that whatever is happening in this world right now, the gift of God is everlasting life in Jesus. Everlasting. Everlasting and good, because it is lived in the presence of the God who loves the world so much he sacrificed everything to save it. We have been saved. We can’t see beyond the horizon, but knowing you, Lord, we trust that there is life beyond the horizon.

Everlasting life. No more sorrow; no more tears. I rest in the promises of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment