Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Resurrection Life


A few weeks back, the impatiens we planted out too soon was blackened and withered in an overnight frost. We have mourned the loss but not dug up the plants, and this morning, it appears there are some new shoots coming from the roots. A resurrection miracle of new life.

I am thinking of those Covid-19 sufferers, whose fights for life on ventilators are being won. Some come out of intensive care like the withered inpatiens, clinging on to life, which will sprout and bloom and flower again, given time and care. Such gratitude to the NHS workers whose own lives are at risk as they seek to save lives. Such gratitude to God.

I am also thinking of my fictional character who I am trying to recreate. May my imaginative energies be up to the task, I pray, as I ask for inspiration from the great creator. May this character fill out and blossom, live and laugh and breathe on the page, and spark thought and conversation.

Have a great Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment