Popular Posts

Monday 18 May 2020

The day


Over the weekend, I forgot to make the granola we have for breakfast during the week, so we went into Monday morning with scrambled eggs. Frozen bread into the toaster. An hour later, granola cooling for tomorrow, and the bread maker is grinding away behind me. We are so blessed to have choices. I pray for those whose empty larder in the morning means an empty stomach for the day. Make me generous today, Lord, with prayers and time and money.

This is the day the Lord has made. I was awake in the night, first with the anxieties that haunt most of us, but then the Lord helped me use the wakefulness creatively, inspiring ideas of how to revise a major character in a book I wrote years ago. I’m excited to get going on it.

This is not the day I had planned yesterday. But this is the day that the Lord has made, and I am going to rejoice in it. I have misgivings that I am up to the writing task, so as I read of Jesus raising Jairus’ daughter this morning, I asked him to raise these characters in the book so that they speak truth and life.

This is the day the Lord has made. It is all I have. With his help, I will walk through it with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment