Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 August 2021

Pack up your Troubles

Weeds canopied the carrots and parsnips. In a summer where fruitfulness has been compromised by the weather, I waded in yesterday to try to give these struggling root veggies a fighting chance.

Turned out, it looked worse than it was. The weeds entangled the crop with gangly arms of tiny, once pale blue flowers, now dead and brown. The weeds lifted out easily, only very occasionally dragging a tiny carrot with them. In under an hour, the rows of vegetables were once again visible and open to the sun. They were granted a fighting chance to mature into something substantial, hopefully.

There are times when it is easy to feel overwhelmed by life. Thinking may be muddied. Emotions may run high. Fears may proliferate, and paralyze.

I was blessed to be in a worshiping atmosphere on Friday night. To hear inspired teaching, speaking into my life. As I received Spirit-filled prayer, those spindly fingers of anxiety which so easily entangle my thinking and attitude were rooted out. I was refreshed and renewed, able to lift my head and see the Son clearly. To feel his touch. To hear his voice. To respond.

I was reminded of a strategy I already knew, but had neglected following. Every morning, package whatever is on my mind and heart in the form of a worry or burden, and give it to the Lord. He is already carrying them anyway, but this reminds me I can let go. I can release the weight and be released into joy, trusting him.

He who flung stars into space is more than capable of sorting out my areas of concern. It’s as I trust him to do that, that I might bear fruit. I am so grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment