Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Late Autumn

 

Most of the trees are denuded, bare branches exposed. I’ve gathered and bagged thousands of leaves, left to mould and enhance the soil. But still there remain hillocks and swirls of once golden leaves, now beginning to decay into slimy mounds. This is the autumn detritus Doug has always disliked.

I love autumn for the magnificent rich colours and bursts of vibrant glory. Now, as the symphony of colour quietens, drifts to the ground and turns slippy and black, I’m not such a fan.

And so, too, with human seasons. There is a glory and a peace in those who live long. A wisdom and a contentment. Until long years overwhelm the senses, the health, and the mind. Watching and waiting then becomes a grief of conflicting emotions and prayers. I turn my eyes to the hills. My help is in the name of the Lord.

For all those whose years exceed their health, I pray for peace and the powerful presence of God. I pray that those whose perceptions are dimming on many fronts would be stirring spiritually, sensing the springtime of the spirit.

There is a hope deep in every believer, a blessed assurance that in Jesus all is well. All will be well. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment