Popular Posts

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Blizzard or Peace?

 



I look out the window and at the moment, there is a white-out. I have an appointment requiring I drive to Aberdeen soon, so a blizzard is not welcome.

Then I glance down at my lap. Oblivious to everything, Indy purrs contentedly.

The Bible promises that God’s love is constant, unconditional, everlasting. Whatever storm is swirling round me at the moment, underneath are the everlasting arms. Whatever global situation of violence or injustice is clamouring for my attention now, I hold it up before the throne of grace and ask God to help me focus on him. The Father encourages me to curl up like Indy, knowing that the Lord is in charge.

It’s all about focus and perspective.

The sun is out now in a watery-blue sky, but it may slip away again behind the passing rags of clouds heavy with more snow. I will head out with caution and with confidence, not in myself or my own abilities, but in the care of the loving God who never sleeps, never leaves me, and always loves me.

May you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment