Popular Posts

Monday 5 December 2022

Deepening Darkness

 

The darkness deepens as December days draw in. There is a stillness in the air today, a hush as the hibernating landscape huddles under a canopy of low-lying cloud cover. A heavy lorry lumbers into view, fanning grit from the spreader it drags behind.

Despite rising energy costs, I notice homes with Christmas lights ablaze. Part of me bristles at the waste of energy in this resource-depleted world. Part of me cheers at the bold celebration.

The light has come into the world, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Monday morning blahs warn me that I, too, am resource-depleted. Lord, help me to plug into the everlasting light of the world, that your glory might be fully displayed and celebrated as I put all my hope and trust in you.

Advent has never felt more relevant, as we walk in faith, anticipating and celebrating the fullness of God living amongst us, now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment