Popular Posts

Friday 16 December 2022

Immanuel

 

I don’t know how Santa’s doing with his list, but I know mine is getting longer by the minute.

Yet I find myself sitting here gazing at the beautiful faces smiling at me from my wall of love. I’m smiling back. Sitting here, doing nothing, smiling at images that can’t see me. Images of people I love.

That’s all God wants for Christmas. He wants me – he wants you – to sit and gaze at his beautiful face, and not do anything. Maybe not even say anything. Just gaze in love, smiling at him.

Not much to ask, but I need his help to do it. To push aside that to do list, and worship the King of Kings. Immanuel.

Maranatha. In my life, in the lives of those I love, in the lives of those who don’t yet know their Saviour: maranatha. Come, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment