Popular Posts

Saturday 25 March 2023

Spring inside and out

 

Yellow forsythia has sprouted outside this window. The daffodils are opening and raising their trumpets to the heavens; flowering cherry blossom is beginning to burst forth.

The air is nippy but the sun is warm: spring is here.

As new life germinates, sprouts and is born, memories bring a smile to my lips. How effortless the young look, bouncing and jumping, dancing and running and climbing. Life bursts from the young: exuberant and joyful. One granddaughter turns four tomorrow, and she is a joyful bundle of energy.

Happy birthday, Princess Pearl.

Decades older than Princess Pearl, I rely on God’s life and energy to burst from me…or I try to. Let your light shine, Jesus commands. These days it’s his light I hope to project. If I’ve learned one thing, it’s that my light is fickle, but his is faithful and true.

So however I feel today, full of vim and vigour or a little weary and worn, I hope to be a conduit for Jesus, the light of the world, to illuminate the darkness and fog of worldly thought and action.

Spring has sprung inside and out. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment