Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Spring through the Clutter

 

I have spent hours during my life sorting lego from playmobile, stickle bricks from wooden blocks, crayons and pens and pencils. That phase of my life is over, but the clutter that now seems to reproduce like rabbits in spring piles up around me.

I love the idea of walking lightly through life, leaving a small footprint, but it’s harder to do that when the house fills up with inherited cups and chairs and so on, in addition to our own accumulated treasures and trash.

Treasures and trash. One person’s love for an item doesn’t necessarily pass down the line. Even the special china valued because of its sentimental associations loses meaning as it goes down to those who never knew the original owner.

The daffodils are up and not far from starting to open. They pushed their way through the carpet of leaves and sticks left from last season, and are ready to herald spring.

May the Lord help me to push my way through the clutter, to rise up and herald our hope in the Lord Jesus, who promises to make all things new.

Spring is a wonderful season, a gift of love from our Creator God.

No comments:

Post a Comment