Popular Posts

Monday 27 March 2023

Thank you!

 

I stretched the seat belt across my friend, incapacitated with a broken right arm.

At the coffee shop, I buttered and put jam on her scone. She kept her jacket on. ‘It’s too hard to get on and off over the cast,’ she explained.

‘We’re eating dinner out every night. It’s nice not to have to clear up any dishes, and I can’t cook with my left hand.’

What a blow it is to have a broken arm!

Forgive me, Lord, for taking the little things for granted. May my every breath today be accompanied by a heartfelt sense of gratitude. Some of your blessings arrive with a fanfare and elicit an immediate flood of thankfulness. Others are small and largely go unnoticed.

Forgive me, Lord. Heighten my awareness of every gentle touch of your loving kindness. Thank you for it all; thank you especially for your love on the cross, Jesus, that love that will not let me go. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment