Popular Posts

Thursday 20 April 2023

All Clogged Up

 

Something’s not quite right with my laptop.

When I first turn it on, I get a message that I’m not connected to WIFI. As I start the troubleshooting process, suddenly I’m connected.

Maybe it just takes longer to connect because I need to declutter it. I think when I finish decluttering the house and garage and greenhouse, I will need to declutter this.

If I can wait that long.

Last night I moved on into a filing cabinet drawer, weeding out tax returns dating back over twenty years, and finding report cards and birth certificates and so on of various of my children. Now they are ready to be handed over next time we see each other.

That drawer now has loose space. Ready to be filled with things which are relevant to my life now.

I was going to equate the declutter moments to my time in the prayer window, but actually, I think God built in as a default the sabbath day’s rest as a time to properly declutter, recalibrate in line with his Word, and be restored and rested, so that when we are challenged by daily situations in the world, we don’t grind away trying to think of WWJD. We just know.

Maybe this is the real meaning of knowing God. And why not? I know my immediate family well enough to be able to, generally, know what their reactions would be to certain things. I don’t always get it right, but often I do.

May I begin to remember the sabbath day and keep it holy. I’m not good at it. Which is why I may be clogged up spiritually, as my laptop is clogged up.

Help me, Lord.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment