Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Default to God's goodness

 

I just came across a treasure trove of products displaying Bible verses interwoven with the creator’s artistic designs. I am so drawn to them.

In walking my Mom home, I am witnessing her mental horizons shrink. She has a few phrases which she enthusiastically repeats, sometimes in the right context, sometimes not. ‘We all do the best we can.’ ‘Do what you can, and let it go.’

I love hearing those phrases no matter when they come out, because they are phrases of encouragement. They reflect the essence of who Mom is: a great encourager, someone who was always my champion, no matter what. She is the same loving Mom, despite sometimes being trapped in the throes of dementia.

I am conscious that the years are rolling by and one day my verbal horizons might be equally limited. I would like my default phrases to reflect the love of God, which is so evident in Scripture.

I want to sow seeds of divine love and life deep into my soul, so that even if the outer ‘me’ changes, I will not forget my default setting: God is faithful; he is loving and he is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment