Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 April 2023

Heralds of Spring

 

The daffodils lift up their trumpets to herald the entry of spring. This morning it feels like it is responding, as the sun is out, there is no wind, and the birds are joyfully trilling their songs.

Our Ukrainian guest came in for a coffee. ‘Daffodil’: I taught her the word for these flowers which bob in the breeze all down the drive.

‘Like crocodile,’ she laughed.

I wrote the words out. Not really, I showed her, except for the ending. Then she explained, through words and gestures, that to her the trumpet of the daff looked like the mouth of a croc.

A thing of joy turned into a thing of terror.

How often do I confuse opportunities which God offers me, thinking of them fearfully, feeling unequal to the challenges, drawing back?

Oh, to see things as they really are, without the filters of fear and broken dreams, bad experiences, warped expectations!

Today, Lord, may I sit in the heavenlies at your side. Refresh my vision so that I gain your perspective and embrace everything you allow to come my way. May I operate from the position of faith and not fear, in everything, trusting that underneath are the everlasting arms. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment