Popular Posts

Monday 24 April 2023

Not Connected

 

‘Not connected to the internet…’

For some reason, I am frequently getting that message when I turn on my laptop. When I troubleshoot, it detects problems but fails to fix them, yet suddenly I am back online. I limp forward, none the wiser but relieved that for the moment anyway, I am connected.

I am grateful that my connection to God is not so unreliable. Well, it is from my end, but His end is always engaged and ready for me. When my mind is jumping all over the place, I find it hard to sense his presence. I can be too quick to let myself be satisfied with the briefest of connections, then, moving on without allowing the great techie to make the adjustments to me which would enable a quicker and more reliable connection, a connection that doesn’t go off-line when distracted by worldly woes and anxieties.

In this busy world, it takes will power and effort to settle into a contemplative mode and allow myself to listen attentively. I am so easily distracted by thoughts and fears.

Lord, it is Monday morning, and I have my to-do list beside me. Help me to prioritise the time I spend with you over the compilation of this to-do list, knowing that with your guidance and prompting nothing that needs doing will be left undone. Forgive me for ploughing on in my own strength, as if I know better than you. Lord, without you I can do nothing. Thank you for your grace, your mercy and love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment