Popular Posts

Friday 28 October 2011

Reflected Glory


It was just after 7.30 am and I was walking east, facing a red line on the horizon. No sun yet. Boy are we slipping fast towards winter’s darkness.

It was crisp and cold, a still silent world. We were in a hurry – well, I was – as I’d fed one B&B guest, had another to feed still, and 4 batches of scones to bake for Friday coffees today. But hey, I’m a woman, and I might even paint my toenails while I fry the eggs.

I turned back towards home, wondering where my nail polish was (only kidding...), and began the walk west. No imminent sunrise being announced on that horizon. And yet – there was a glow on the land, a reflected glory of what was going on behind me.

We who are facing the Light – all we can pray for is that those whose faces are turned away from it will see in us the reflected glory of the King of Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment