Popular Posts

Wednesday 19 October 2011

What's my spiritual footprint look like?


Continuing with the annual check-up, today I’m thinking about my emissions – spiritually speaking, of course! What is my default reaction to interruptions – one of irritation or one of grace? Do I look at challenges as a positive means for growth, or as one more thing to be overcome? Do I roar and rage or smile and chill?

Well. I’m sure that many times my words are noxious, polluting the purity of Christ’s message to the world. Rather than building the Kingdom of God, I can be like a termite infestation, undermining the integrity of the church itself.

 I have to admit that sometimes my spiritual foot is pinched, and in discomfort or confusion, I am likely to walk all over whoever is in my way. Perhaps my spiritual footwear is too tight and constricting, and I’d be a better Christian if I traded my orthodox boots for less-restrictive sandals.

Paul talks about fitting our feet with ‘the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace’. What exactly is that? That Jesus came and died for the sins of the whole world. The whole world. 

Maybe my whole attitude is too restrictive. 

A smog-check might reveal that my catalytic converter needs replacing.  I better spend more time with the Chief Mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment