Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Window on the World

I have a prayer window. My sons and husband designed it for me when they rebuilt the living room. Their thoughtfulness and love overwhelms me as I sit on the window seat and gaze out at the beauty of the countryside in autumn.

I am so blessed. This morning, as light returns to the dark earth, the leaves on one of the most beautiful trees in the garden are aflame, golden yellow blending with the browner tinges of straw bales tossed round the field, and some of the more orange, russet and brown trees down the road.

I am full of joy this morning, aware of my blessings, loving the God who pours them out. Aware of the responsibilities lying on those who have much, but freed from their weight by the assurance that as I take the yoke of Jesus on me, he will bear the weight.

It’s a new day! What will this day bring? Tasks aplenty but joys anew. A dog who makes me laugh. Texts and emails that convey information but also love. Plans to be made; prayers to be prayed; smiles to be shared.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment