Popular Posts

Monday 6 February 2012

Footprints in the Mud


Footprints in the Mud

The mud is frozen now. And so the footprints made by so many diverse creatures are frozen too. An interesting collection. Dogs of all sizes, foxes among them no doubt. Pheasants’ toes. Deer hooves. Deep treads from heavy-footed hunters. My own boots.

I’ve left footprints in the mud plenty of times in my life. Footprints I don’t want frozen for everyone to see, leading places I should never have gone. Places I regret going.

So grateful to God for the whole repentance thing. Turning around to him. Forgiven for heading down the wrong path. Footprints wiped out as I head back in the right direction. In the direction He is taking me. 

Hand in hand with my Saviour. No turning back. 

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment