Popular Posts

Monday 13 February 2012

Let Go


The message challenged me. Following Jesus does involve giving up. It requires you to give up what you have, but are not meant to have, and giving up what you do, that you are not meant to do.

Jesus has fitted each of us for a specific purpose. He calls each of us to do something special, and he has equipped us so that as we rely on him in that purpose, great things happen. The other stuff we are doing, good though it may be, may not be the best. It may not be what God has called us to do.

So looks like I need to take some time out to ask the Holy Spirit to examine me on this one. What do I have, that I am not meant to have? That’s a tough one. I am in the process of a spring de-clutter so perhaps ‘things’ will be highlighted as I sift through drawers and closets.

What am I doing that I am not meant to be doing? And, as an obvious corollary of that, what am I neglecting to do which I have been made to do? I’d like to think it might be the housework that I’m not meant to be doing! 

Scripture says that God gives us the desires of our hearts – and my biggest desire remains to be writing more. But my days are full, so I guess that’s where I need to figure out what I am to let go of.

An on-going task. Like the de-cluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment