Popular Posts

Saturday 11 February 2012

Plans


Plans.

Sometimes they work out. Sometimes they don’t.

Rabbie Burns had something to say about them. ‘The best-laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley.’ 

God has something to say about plans, too.  Many are the plans in a person’s heart, it says in Proverbs 19, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. 

I have ambitious plans for today. For a Saturday we were up at a ridiculous hour, 6 am, so that Don could get away to the building project in Newtyle.  Washing the carpets was first on my To-Do list. A long To-Do list. And the sun was just about breaking through the cloud cover. Perfect for drying the wet carpets.

But before 7, just when I thought I would start the great spring shampoo, I had an overwhelming urge to spend time with God. So I did.  I worshiped along with a Jesus Culture CD, which is just a fantastic door into heaven, read my Bible, listened. 

My plans for today were, and still are, many. But the Lord’s purpose for me prevailed. It was a rich start to my Saturday, and as I continue on through my To-Do list, I’m doing it with a song in my heart and praise on my lips, and a renewed perspective on just what is important today, and what can slide.

Why don’t I do this every day?


No comments:

Post a Comment