Popular Posts

Friday 28 March 2014

Clear skies overhead

The California sun is warm in the clear blue skies overhead.

Just back from a walk round El Dorado park, my daily haunt while here, a world away from the walk in the woods I usually follow with my trusty friend Dusty. I noticed a hummingbird hovering, gathering nectar from a hibiscus. Saw fruit on a palm which I guess must make it a date palm...thought those only grew in the desert. Then at the park round the pond, swarming with ducks, geese, one lone swan and some other feathered water birds.

An old lady chided a young man with his girlfriend, each clutching bags of bread to feed the birds who crowded round noisily. Am I not supposed to feed them? He asked her. She delivered a lecture on how it could harm the creatures.

I felt for the young folk. Would a few crusts of bread really harm the birds? Was it not a good thing to see them concerned for wildlife?

Grey hair may be the crown of life, but today, I was glad that mine was dyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment