Popular Posts

Monday 31 March 2014

Deja vu

We walked long corridors, crossed bridges joining buildings of the same hospital complex in west Hollywood, Cedars Sinai. Though today it was my cousin and my mom and I, I felt the presence of my dear old dad, as the last time I was here in this hospital, dad was just recovering from pneumonia and yet determined to accompany his wife for her surgery. No wheelchair for him, either. The dogged determination of an old Marine as he shuffled as fast as he could to keep up.

Sad memories. And here we are again, for the same surgery, on another side. The doctor's words were harsh. Have the surgery or have a stroke, maybe massive, maybe small. Well, at least we didn't have to think about what to do.

Back home tonight in my childhood home, bedroom, filled with memories. Happy and sad. Thinking about the others in my family who I have accompanied down long corridors of hospitals until they finally went on out. First dear Judy. Then dear Dad. Hopefully not Mom, not yet.

I know I have said it before. So looking forward to heaven, where there are no tears, no goodbyes, no pain or suffering. Only joy. Only Jesus.

This place is a launch pad to infinity, to a life of beauty and joy, but sometimes that launch pad can seem quite hard, quite lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment