Popular Posts

Thursday 1 September 2016

Bibbity Bobbity Boo



“Everything’s in such a mess...” he breathed wearily.

Instantly into my head popped the song from the rather ancient Disney film Sleeping Beauty. The three fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather, are flitting around the messy room tidying it, and then helping the beautiful princess get dressed, while singing something like, “ala kazama, ori perama, bibbity bobbity boo.” (It’s a bit of a brain worm and is driving me crazy at the moment...)

We could do with three fairies helping us restore order and de-clutter, I thought. 

Psalm 32 is written by David when his life was in a mess. He recognised that some of the outer mess was due to the inner mess. All the mistakes and failures he was trying to hide from God were wearing him out. ‘When I kept it all inside, my bones turned to powder’ he groaned. When he let it all out, making a clean breast of his failures to God, the pressure let up and his guilt was gone.

‘You are my hiding place,’ protecting me and surrounding me with victory songs, David goes on. And the Lord responds, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.’

Who needs three goofy fairies when we can have the Lord of heaven and earth helping us? I’m going to drive out ‘bibbity bobbity boo’ by singing ‘you are my hiding place’. 

Have a great day. It’s beautiful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment