Popular Posts

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Merry-Go-Round



Remember those round-abouts/merry-go-rounds they used to have in the parks? Kids, or their parents, would grasp the iron handles and push it faster and faster and eventually join the other kids by jumping on and riding round and round and round? I don’t think I’ve seen one of those for awhile...

Sometimes those things would get to going so fast that they ceased being merry at all, and could just make you sick. Know what I mean?

My life at the moment feels a bit like I’m on one of those merry-go-rounds. Not quite sure who’s pushing it but it could just be life. Circumstances. Duties. Challenges. Desires. 

So many things propelling me: no wonder it’s whizzing round and I feel I’m getting nowhere fast!
Time to step back; think it over; identify the things that can be omitted. Time to spend time with God and hear what he’s calling me to do, rather than responding to all those things propelling me.

I don’t think I’m the only one on this merry-go-round. Maybe if we all just shout STOP, we’ll have time to catch our breath, listen to God, and think. And become human beings again, rather than human doings.

No comments:

Post a Comment