Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Soaring



A brief flirtation with Pilates taught me that before I bend or stretch or twist or turn, I need to strengthen my core. I found the concept pretty hard as it is basically an invisible action which can only be described. I can’t see what’s going on. I never quite knew if I was doing it right or not. 

‘Those that wait on – hope in – the Lord will renew their strength.’ The recipe for strengthening my spiritual core can be equally as hard to follow. How long do I wait? How do I wait? How do I keep my hope up? I can’t see what’s going on.

Linger longer is really my mantra. I am sorely tempted to pop up and get on with my day if I don’t immediately ‘get’ something I think is from God in my prayer or Bible reading time. 

Lingered longer this morning, thinking of yesterday’s blog and the visual aid of water-based exercise done on floating mats. It occurred to me that if I were to be doing such exercises, I would imagine that if/when my neighbouring exerciser plunged off her mat into the pool, the waves would chop and sway and threaten to pitch me into the water as well. 

When someone near me is struggling to keep afloat and occasionally falls in, I need to be extra vigilant in maintaining my core spirituality strength. Not just to keep my own wings dry, but also to inspire others that in God, everything is possible.

He never lets go. As we trust in him, we will soar on wings like eagles. Not just cling on but soar. Not like sparrows but like eagles.

I have a funny feeling that although I need to make an effort, it is God who is doing all the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment