Popular Posts

Monday 29 May 2017

Free Indeed



Freedom Tower, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere at 102 floors, soars towards the clouds shoulder-high above the rest. We’re approaching the Brooklyn dock with about 4,000 people on board the ship, yet nobody is to be seen on deck as everyone prepares to disembark and become lost in the labyrinthine streets of New York City. 


The tower honours those who died in 9/11. It proclaims freedom and liberty. Defiantly. Powerfully. Proudly.  In the film Braveheart, William Wallace shouts ‘Freedom!’ Bold, defiant, proud.

Jesus said that if he sets us free, we are free indeed. Not defiant nor powerful nor proud. But free and at peace and in joy. Many working in that soaring tower are slaves to fear and don’t know the freedom Jesus gives; many imprisoned for their faith are free indeed. 

I live my life today in freedom, and not a slave to fear. So to all the things that would nibble away at my peace and joy, I say Begone in Jesus’ name. The Son has set me free, and I am free indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment