Popular Posts

Sunday 26 January 2020

A Far Better Thing


‘It is a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done before,’ said Sidney Carlton as he went to the guillotine in place of another. (Dickens, Tale of Two Cities)

By his stripes, you are healed, the Bible says. Because Jesus suffered, I am saved. It’s an incredible equation, far from balanced. So unfair for Jesus to suffer for me, a sinner, so that I can be free, so that I can know his presence now and forever.

Just feeling so grateful and full of praise today. And also, aware that as one of Jesus’ followers, I am called to walk the way of the cross as I follow him. May he strengthen me for all the challenges of the Way. May I never disappoint him, as I depend on his grace and love to enable me to praise and witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment