Popular Posts

Friday 3 January 2020

It is well


I’m lingering over the picture of Don and Gregor, hand in hand on the clifftop path. It’s intriguing that despite his great love for his granddad, when Gregor was in trouble he turned back to Daddy. He trusted Daddy to pick him up, to carry him and keep him safe.

Sometimes I can fall into step with the world. That might look like me going along with worldly ways. Or it might look like me arguing, despairing, anxious and concerned over the direction of our politics or the plight of the environment. Keeping up with the world is exhausting.

Like Greg, I eventually give in and turn to Jesus and let his presence bring peace, restoration, and hope. Since Jesus is master of the universe, hope never dies. He is faithful. He will do what he has promised. I can trust in that, as I wait in him.

Take heart, he advised his followers. In the world there is all kinds of trouble. But I, Jesus, have overcome the world.

All will be well. All manner of things will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment