Popular Posts

Saturday 4 January 2020

Hats Off - or On?


We were given a priceless calendar for Christmas, each month starring different members of the family. We step into January 2020 with father/daughter sporting their own distinctive hats. Don’s has been with him since before he and I met. Mhairi has worn hers for a significant number of years.

I generally only wear a hat to stave off the cold. To me, then, a hat signifies protection, usually from the elements though at times a hard hat, a bicycle helmet, a riding hat are all important. The Bible speaks of various head coverings, appropriate at different times.

As I step into this new year, I pray that my mind will be covered by the Spirit, that I will be transformed daily by the renewing of my mind as I soak in Scripture and practice the presence of Jesus. In a world of increasing violence, I want to emanate peace. In a world of encroaching darkness, I want to shine a light. In a world of gathering gloom and despair, I want to be a touchstone of hope. In a world of widespread discouragement, I want Jesus to encourage others through me.

My head may often be bare, but it is covered with the impenetrable, invisible, Spirit of God. May I never leave my bed without this divine head covering secured.

No comments:

Post a Comment