Popular Posts

Thursday 30 January 2020

Steeped or marinated?


One of our wedding gifts was a tea cosy from Hong Kong, where friends lived at the time. In those days, few folk used tea bags in a mug. Most people I knew used loose tea in a pot, and the cosy kept it hot as it steeped.

Steeping made it strong.

When we were raising our rather big family, I normally bought the cheaper cuts of meat. They were cheaper because they were tough, and needed marinating.

Marinating made it tender.

As I steep my mind in the truth of God as revealed in the Bible, I am strengthened to stand against the injustices all around me. I am strengthened to step forward and speak out about global and national injustices, and I am strengthened to stand with those I know who are suffering injustice.

As I marinate my heart in Jesus, in worship and in prayer, I gain God’s compassion and love. I can speak out, then, from a place of love, trusting God to work through me to soften the hearts of others and right the injustices.

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37.

Sometimes he chooses to act through us.


No comments:

Post a Comment