Popular Posts

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Thank you


Sunlight streams from a white-washed sky this morning, its weak wintry rays penetrating the windows, spotted and smeared with muddy cat paws.

We have all sinned and fallen short of God. My attention can be drawn to those smears and spots, lying between me and the Light, and I can forget that when we were still sinners Jesus chose to die for us.

I can feel unworthy and make more effort to earn my way into the Kingdom, but God reminds me that it’s not by works but by faith that we are saved. He has washed us clean.

Lord, this day help me to look beyond the smears and spots which stain my life. Help me to look to you. You have forgiven. You have moved on. Help me, Lord, to accept your forgiveness and move on, not imprisoned by memories which condemn but set free by the word that declares, ‘there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.’ (Romans 8:1)

Though I am indeed unworthy, yet you love me, Jesus. Thank you. On this wintry day, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment